Trojan help

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Baha, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baha

Baha Registered Member

Hello, I've been using nod32 for almost a year now and I have been quite happy with it's performance. However, for the past few months I have been detecting and removing a particular trojan. TrojanDropper.Dell.VT.trojan keeps infecting one of my system restore points on my secondary drive. I can remove it by deleting my system restore or by turning system restore off, rebooting and turning it back on but this trojan always comes back. Is there anyway to permanently remove this trojan from my computer?

You can take a look at my most recent log here: http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nod32kv5.jpg

P.S.: I would've glady used the attachment feature but I couldn't get it working.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The image was over the size limit of 200KB for JPG uploads. I trimmed it and got its size down. (This is a thumbnail, so clicking it would produce higher quality.)

Attached Files:

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I think you mean TrojanDropper.Delf.VT.trojan ? If it is not detected anywhere else on your computer, it is possible that it could be a false positive. Try submitting the file to VirusTotal or Jotti's online scanning engines to see what they say.

4. Baha

Baha Registered Member

Ah yes, that's the one. I'm trying out VirusTotal atm. Apparently a quick look at my System Volume Information folder showed that the file was still on my hard drive despite deleting or turning off system restore. I should have a result in a few minutes hopefully.

5. Baha

Baha Registered Member

Ok here are the results: scan.jpg

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

7. Baha

Baha Registered Member

Ok I cleared out the system volume information folders on both drives and rebooted my comp. It seems to be gone so I turned my system restore back on. I hope it doesn't come back.

8. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I think you will have no problems with it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.