Trojan Guarder advice needed, please

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by deerfern, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerfern

deerfern Registered Member

I was looking for a trojan scanner and found trojan guarder and trojan guarder gold on Download.com. (for some strange reason, now that page is coming up completely BLANK in my browser. stange things happen on my computer lately)

Can anyone tell me if Trojan Guarder Gold is any good, and worth the $50.00 they want for it? It already found and erased a trojan (or so it said)

But I see other things on the download area in Wilders, and nothing is mentioned to this (newer?) product. I would rather, of course, just get the best one I can and be done with it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Carol

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

http://www.your-soft.com/index.htm
    if you are referring to this program, I have never
    heard of it??
    I myself use TrojanHunter.. ;)
    http://www.misec.net/
    It does me real good!!

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

See the Diamond CS forums above :)
    TDS3 is IMHO the best Trojan scanner, hunter & killer, there is and has a 30 day free trial & if you purchase TDS3 now you will get a free upgrade to the forthcoming TDS4.

4. sig

sig Registered Member

Never heard of this outfit.

If you're looking for a dedicated anti Trojan application (meaning you already run an antivirus program) you'd do better to go with the known established brands such as TDS, Trojan Hunter or BOClean. The first two have free trial versions available. Just download and update the trojan database first then after installing.

BOClean has no free trial version but has a 30 money back guarantee, no questions asked. It's a real time monitor only and really is set and forget. It even updates itself automatically.

All 3 are known for their customer support. As noted, TDS has an open forum here, Trojan Hunter has a forum at its site and the BOClean folks also have a couple forums at other sites. But email support is supposed to be great for all 3.

Most good AV's already take care of some common trojans. But it depends on your computing habits (and what AV you use) if you should also invest in a dedicated antitrojan application. I mention this since this product you mention seems to claim to take care of both viruses and trojans and thus I'm not sure what you're really in the market for.

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

I won't rely on security programs, if there is so little information on the program and it's authors, but I have downloaded it and tried it.
    It detected and killed NetBus 1.7, but it failed to detect Trojan Simulator.
    By looking at the interface I would guess that the authors changed hats.... :rolleyes:
    But for that money I would go for TDS.
    Dolf

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Deerfern.

There are some user reviews on c/net download.com for Trojan Guarder.
    The most recent are negative reviews.
    If you have the Google search engine you can find reviews etc...

I haven't tried this A/T program.

There are some good,established/known programs IMO.
    Some that come to mind are:
    the Cleaner.
    TDS-3.
    Trojan Hunter.
    BoClean(never used this program,but people that do seem to be happy with it.)

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

the best is still to come :D

8. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

No, that hasn't. :)

9. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hey Nancy.

You "caught" me before I edited my post. ;)

10. deerfern

deerfern Registered Member

Thank you all for the great help !

Sure enough, Trojan Guarder isn't getting rave reviews. I think I"ll steer clear.

It's between BOClean and TDS3. They both seem to be different in their own ways?

I wonder which one does what differently than the other?

Thanks !
    Carol

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

deerfern, Basically BoClean is an always on Trojan monitor & TDS3 is an on demand Trojan scanner, both have excellent support. You can get a 30 day trial of TDS3 whereas BoClean is purchase only but with very good money back guarantee if not satisfied policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.