Trojan Exploit.ByteVerify REmoval-Please HELP!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by cabby, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabby

cabby Registered Member

Hello,

I have encountered this trojan and it seems to be working hard to avoid deletion.

MW 2000-5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
    Intel (R) Celeron CPU 1.80 Ghz
    Dell Dimension 2300

The additional bugs found by Ad-Aware are:
    Beyond.Class
    Dummy.Class
    Java Util.zip
    J.V. Generic
    Worker.class

I have run SpyBot, Ad-Aware,Trojan Hunter, Ewido, XoftSpy, and tried to run Panda titanium. Only Ad-Aware will identify them (in reg mode not safe mode). I ran all anti virus in both reg and safe.

Tried to clean out Java cache but it wont open. When I try to open it just flashes and goes away. I have adjusted the internet options to allow Java display but no luck. I have re-installed Java but still no luck.

System will not allow me to run Panda due to screen resolution. I have tried to adjust that but it won't stay put. Once it goes through verification it goes back to lowest setting.

On the original profile, when I try to adjust the dsplay settings the computer reboots. Once I click on the tab, it reboots. I have to go to a temp profile to see the display settings.

As you can probably tell, I don't know too much and I need tons of help. Let me know what else I can do or what additional information I should provide.

Thank you.

2. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

About 1+1/2 yr ago I picked this up with 3 or 4 AV s. None would get rid of it. I finally got rid of it using AVG Shell Ext. . I Tracked Down & Deleted 2 or 3 Entries .

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I just finished quarantine/deleting 5 Exploit.ByteVerify from java/deployment/cashe. I am rechecking as I type.

5. zoned

zoned Registered Member

Delete the following files

blackbox.class
    counter.class
    dummy.class

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

An easy way to defend against Java-ByteVerify is to disable the Java Cache, i.e. give it 0 MB.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.