Trojan Exploit.ByteVerify REmoval-Please HELP!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by cabby, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabby

cabby Registered Member

Hello,

I have encountered this trojan and it seems to be working hard to avoid deletion.

MW 2000-5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
    Intel (R) Celeron CPU 1.80 Ghz
    Dell Dimension 2300

The additional bugs found by Ad-Aware are:
    Beyond.Class
    Dummy.Class
    Java Util.zip
    J.V. Generic
    Worker.class

I have run SpyBot, Ad-Aware,Trojan Hunter, Ewido, XoftSpy, and tried to run Panda titanium. Only Ad-Aware will identify them (in reg mode not safe mode). I ran all anti virus in both reg and safe.

Tried to clean out Java cache but it wont open. When I try to open it just flashes and goes away. I have adjusted the internet options to allow Java display but no luck. I have re-installed Java but still no luck.

System will not allow me to run Panda due to screen resolution. I have tried to adjust that but it won't stay put. Once it goes through verification it goes back to lowest setting.

On the original profile, when I try to adjust the dsplay settings the computer reboots. Once I click on the tab, it reboots. I have to go to a temp profile to see the display settings.

As you can probably tell, I don't know too much and I need tons of help. Let me know what else I can do or what additional information I should provide.

Thank you.

2. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

About 1+1/2 yr ago I picked this up with 3 or 4 AV s. None would get rid of it. I finally got rid of it using AVG Shell Ext. . I Tracked Down & Deleted 2 or 3 Entries .

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I just finished quarantine/deleting 5 Exploit.ByteVerify from java/deployment/cashe. I am rechecking as I type.

5. zoned

zoned Registered Member

Delete the following files

blackbox.class
    counter.class
    dummy.class

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

An easy way to defend against Java-ByteVerify is to disable the Java Cache, i.e. give it 0 MB.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.