Trojan downloader DYFICA.W

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by GUZZI1, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUZZI1

GUZZI1 Registered Member

I'm new to the forum and I'd really appreciated some help.
    after running AVG I found "trojan horse downloader DYFICA.W" which I tried to heal/remove but without succes (!).
    It is located in :
    C:_RESTORE\TEMP\A0396866.CPY

Thanks, GEJ

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi GUZZI1
    In XP you need to diasble (Turn of) restore points for all drives. Control panel - Sytem - System Restore.
    Reboot your Pc This will clear all current restore points. then re-enable restore points and immediately create a new one using the Help & Support System restore.

HTH Pilli

3. GUZZI1

GUZZI1 Registered Member

Hey PILLI thanks a lot! Worked like a charm :D.
    Qustion now, plz, Is there any chance that this "trojan downloader" will became active again? is there any connection with "internet optimizer"?, thank you very much, GEJ

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Great stuff GUZZI1 :)

Well I am biased but you could do a lot worse than download the free trial of TDS3 Anti-Trojan from here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
    Also download the latest radius,td3 and place it in the main TDS3 folder when you have installed TDS3.
    Do a full system scan and this should allow you to clear any other remnants.

Another programme (Donationware) to run would be Spybot Search & Destroy (Anti spyware) Here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=spybotsd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.