Trojan called Dialer.Q2

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Tartan Giant, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tartan Giant

Tartan Giant Registered Member

Hello everybody,

First Post, and it's one requesting some help!

I have a Trojan called Win32/Dialer.Q2 apparently running on my system.

The AV software I always use is NOD32 (version 1.793 [20040622]) but it does not "clean" this infiltration.

Please can you help by listing the steps..... one by one......... as to how I should go about blowing this thing away.

The 'copy' of the culprit is below.

Many thanks, in advance, for your help.

Cheers

TG

Time Module Object Name Virus Action User Info
    23/06/2004 18:18:35 AMON file C:\System Volume Information\_restore{9B5E268F-7B85-477A-B836-F406A6F53F3A}\RP613\A0093457.exe Win32/Dialer.Q2 trojan error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

2. Mr Hrmm

Mr Hrmm Guest

Hi,
    Try disabling system restore and rebooting and turning system restore back on to create a new system restore point. That should get rid of the old system restore points and delete the nastie at the same time.

After you've rebooted do a new scan.

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

C:\System Volume Information\ is where XP stores restore points. Go Start, Run, type services.msc and hit enter. Find System Restore Service and disable it. Reboot and rescan with your AV to make sure it is gone. If it is gone, then enable the System Restore Service once again. Hope that helps.

Nick

4. Mr Hrmm

Mr Hrmm Guest

@nick s
    Could you try to avoid saying the same things that have already been posted? Makes those posts seem kinda invisible. I know I could have explained how to do it or even include a link.

You could have just filled in what my post lacked.
    Thank you.

@Tartan Giant I hope your system is clean now :)

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Sorry. If I had seen your post before I submitted mine, I would not have submitted it.

Nick

6. Mr Hrmm

Mr Hrmm Guest

No worries :)
    I honestly thought you saw it LOL
    But that explains it then.

7. Tartan Giant

Tartan Giant Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the rapid and positive replies. I have done as suggested and it appears the PC has dropped the Trojan........... pheww.

On passing, does NOD32 not at least tell you there's been an infiltration of a Trojan? It seems pretty clever, and I rely on it exclusively for the AV side of things........ along with the free version of Zone Alarm and Adaware.

Your expertise is much appreciated.

Thanks

TG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.