troj stilen.A

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jperolm1, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jperolm1

jperolm1 Registered Member

Trend Micro's House Call found troj stilen.a (twice), html redir.a (three times), and troj sibocco.a (once) on my XP Pro OS that is on the C drive of a partitioned drive. I found responses to others having this troj stilen.a also; is there something a non-geek who knows very little can easily do to remedy the situation and avoid having to format the C drive? The troj stilen.a prevents me from downloading Eudora's email (my computer crashes when I try) and also prevents me from making a copy of a CD using my CD player and burner, maintaining that my blank disks are "full."

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi jperolm1 :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Just follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your HijackThis log in the hijack cleaning forums with a full description of your problem and one of the experts will give u recommendations on any Malware found.

snowbound

3. Sirzeke

Sirzeke Guest

I myself ran housecall and found Troj Stilen.A said it was non-cleanable.
    It should have gave a location as to where this Trojan is found, mine happen to be in C:\Windows\Temp\qFmd.exe.
    In order to rid of this, keep housecall in the back ground, do a ctrl+alt+delete and end task on on qFmd.exe and it will be gone.
    My personal anti-virus did not detect this trojan, neither did antigen, adaware,ect..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.