Troj.KillReg.D infection

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by rbw91, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

Hi there,

RAV online scan reports my computer as infected with this virus. AVG misses it and Housecall and Panda Activescan both do not report it either.

It lives here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst->Attachment.3420: "autoclk.exe" - Trojan:Win32/KillReg.D -> Infected

Does anyone know how I can remove it? It is not urgent as have had it for a while but I like to have my PC show as clean on all different virus scans - this is just a trifle annoying.......

Cheers

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is an Email that has this Trojan in it. As you use MS Outlook you can open it up and try to locate the Trojan in your inbox or deleted items folder, it will be in an attachment.

A "PST" file is a file that comes from exporting your Outlook as a “personal folder file”. Once you delete the infection, you will then be able to create another backup and delete the one you are seeing.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. dog

dog Guest

Just added info ... You can click the the tabs at the link, Summary, Description, Recovery.

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32netskyb.html

Another name for the virus worm is somefool.P --> Netsky varient.

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.