trogan in memory - how do i get rid of it

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vabrun, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think this is what happened, it would be nice to know for sure, in which case if this is correct then at least for my own personal settings a weekly scheduled scan with the /ah switch in it will provide a superior scan...

Cheers :D

2. vabrun

vabrun Registered Member

Thank you everyone for all the input

ESPECIALLY GAVIN from diamondcs who responded to my virus file within a day. Incrediable. I expected it would take longer. Thank you.

To update my story. Ran nod32 and trojanhunter in safe mode with System retore off. Located all files manually and renamed them. Sent them off to Gavin and trojan hunter. Gavin said they were all trojan downloaders and to delete them.

Deleted them today with no problems much to my surprise. I thought I would need a special file of some sort to detroy them.

However my computer is still running badly. Should I reinatall windows and other programs that are not working properly or is there something else I should be doing?

Can't thank you all enough for all your help :-* :-* :-* :-* Vicki

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

By the sounds of it, a format and fresh reinstall of windows is going to be your quickest and best move, sometimes you can chase your tail on these things for hours on end to no avail.

Once Windows is installed, install a firewall and then connect to the internet and update Windows, add all your security products, get it set up like a fortress and you should be right from here on in...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.