Trillian problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by SimonW, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Thought I'd have a quick look at this messenger software - however at the end of the install up pops the standard 'Allow/Deny Internet Access' box from LooknStop - but this seems to then hang (title bar of the dialog changes to '...Not Reponding' and Trillian itself then also becomes locked waiting to access the net.

I was unable to close either LooknStop or Trillian successfully with TaskManager - each time I tried the error listed was 'HungApp' but it didn't actually remove it. My only solution was a hard re-boot. After which I tried again but got exactly the same results.

Removed Trillian - I'll stick to Windows Messenger after all ! :p

2. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I have had a similar problem with Maxthon (formerly Myie2). I sort of solved the problem by going to the application tab and manually adding the Maxthon.exe program to the list of approved programs.

Hope this helps.

3. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Interesting - I may give this a try.

However, I can't understand how this happened. I've not experienced anything like this before with LnS. Even running the different types of leaktest available has never caused the application dialog to hang like this. Trillian must be doing something very odd I guess...anyone have any similar experiences?

SimonW

4. ?Lowen

?Lowen Guest

It does have to do with Trillian, especially if you have dll detection enabled. What you can do to speed things up is add the appropriate dll files. ie: aim,msn, yahoo, ect. , under the Advanced_Dll's_Add tab. If you are still having problems with that, just wait till Trillian fully loads then except or deny the connection.

Cheers
    Lowen

5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

miranda-im.org
    no spyware
    no bloat
    simple
    fast
    small
    free
    opensource
    skins
    any protocal u want
    massive amount of plug-ins

Edit: no problem with L 'n' S

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.