Tried to install Windows 7 32 bit but the only services disk I had was for 64 bit.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

How do I install a 32 bit Windows 7 when the second disk I need is 64 bit only?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

you don't. what is this 2nd disk you are talking about? what is on 1st? you should have just one install disk

3. cheater87

I have Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit recovery disk versions that came with my Asus laptop. I went to install the 32 bit version today to reformat because of an infection that nothing I had could clean and it told me to insert the driver disk. The only one I have says driver and utility disk is 64 bit. There is no 32 bit one.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what drivers does it want, does the install continue without them? can you download the missing drivers from Asus site?

5. cheater87

No Idea I have Ubuntu on this at the moment. It can't run without it because it needs the second disk when its done installing. I can't do anything after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.