tried acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pbelcl, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbelcl

pbelcl Registered Member

hi folks,

i had the cance to try acronis at a costomers workstation and it was very intriguing to play around with the program.

so i installed a trial version on a testpc.

now there are the first questions:

1.) is it possible to make scheduled backups with automatic names?
    my old backp software (cobian backup) was able to give an automatic name to monthly FULL backups.
    i want to make a full backup every month called september, october and so on. then i want to generate every day a incremental backup to the last monthly backup and next month the software shoult switch to a NEW FULL Backup.

is thos possible with acronis?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pbelcl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can name backups by the full date and time they were created automatically. This is implemented via Acronis Backup Locations feature. It allows automatic naming and management of backups' storage duration, number and total size. Please see chapters 3.5 "Acronis backup locations" and 7 "Backup location management" of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for detailed information.
    The schedule you described can be basically reached by scheduling monthly full backups and daily incremental backups into Acronis Backup Location. Incremental backups will then be created to the latest full one.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Beowulfnode

Beowulfnode Registered Member

also a quick note, if you are using 9.1 workstation/server/Enterprise server/etc you can make your scheduled task with a post backup batch file (not post snapshot) that renames the backup image file(s)

4. pbelcl

pbelcl Registered Member

i hoped that there is a "built in funktion" ...

so i have to rename the backups externally, no problem...

thanks for this hint!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.