trialing a new recovery program

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by theshadow247, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I like the sound of this:
    But I can not download it. I just get a window that says:
    Thats IE6

It wont autoload. And there is no link to click if the auto-download doesnt happen :/

When I try K-meleon it says "Pay attention!" "Customer is not exist" I know I exist for sure o_O

Ah well, looking forward to here more about this "one second restore" Does that mean no reboot is required?

3. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

I think pvsurfer once said it's a Chinese knockoff of Rollback Rx, or vice-versa! o_O

4. theshadow247

hi.sukarof.i had no problems d/l.ing the trial.but i couldn't dl the user manual.i havnt done a restore with it yet but from what i have seen of this program it could be a keeper.hope to hear from others that have used it..

hi.Jo Ann.have u used it beforeo_O?

5. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Yes, but briefly (before pvsurfer recommended RB to me). There is such a similarity between the programs, I asked pvsurfer what he knew about it and that's where my remark above comes from.

6. theshadow247

i agree its some what like rollback rx.but its seems to have more options from what i have seen of it so far.i uninstalled rollback to install this.and first off the snapshots don't use as much space.but iam still learning the program...

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Sounds very interesting, I'm waiting for a software like this, if it works like I expected of course.
    My actual boot-to-restore solution is very good, but acts too late. If Recovery Genius can do it faster, I'm all ears. I hope there is no reboot involved.

8. theshadow247

from what i read in the help file.there are three options 1 recovery type.no recovery.2 auto recovery.3 timer recovery.so you could recover your partition on every reboot or set a time to recover.it sounds like the answer to a frozen snapshot.or using a program like powershadow....

9. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

Like sukarof, I was unable to download the demo. If anyone has any tips on how to get at it then I'd be keen to give it a go.

It seems to be quite cheap but I guess that depends on how well it works. The RG forum has a large layer of dust on it but the trip to the site was well worth it just to read this :)

Graham

10. ErikAlbert

Nope, it doesn't seem to work, like I expected according the manual. It requires a reboot. :(

I have that already.

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Pls exercise extreme caution while using this app. it is developed in Taiwan. but there are several hacker programs being able to crack Recovery Genius's password in China. I went into hacker's site and are able to d/l the cracked code(program, 1.85 mb size), but was unable to install it due to stoppage of Avast.(I could have installed in Frozen mode w/o Avast's protection, if I wish to). Apparently it has the same fate as DeepFreeze v.5 and early---password vulnerability.

12. ErikAlbert

I really wonder how they recover everything in ONE second, if it requires a reboot to recover everything. Never heard of a reboot-time of ONE second.
    They probably mean the normal reboot-time + one second.

Firstly, I'm waiting for a software that doesn't require a reboot. A software that has a restore-button and freezes the partition and undoes all changes, but that is still not good enough.

Secondly, I'm waiting for a software that undoes any change IMMEDIATELY and QUIETLY. Then I will be happy.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  13. theshadow247

hi.Perman.does the new version 6.1 have this problem too or just the older versions o_O

14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

hi, not a very good news, it does mention v.6.1 This version of RG is not very recent. The crack was published in September 2006 or so. Again, if you use the app in your private quarter, I do not think there is any problem at all. RG was used by some cybercafe in China, and most have switched to DeepFreeze v.6, which has fixed the bug.

15. theshadow247

thanks.Perman.its always good to know about a programs vulnerability's.iam using it at home.but if the password can't keep people out its not safe from being tampered with..

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. I had to go back to that link a second time, just to be sure I really got it. Priceless.

17. osip

osip Registered Member

I recall that RG is absolute non-compatible together with ATI...Just for info...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.