Trial?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Comp01, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I've been wanting to try out NOD32, but whenever I download the trial I can't receive definition updates, it always asks for username/password... and the definition files are about 5 months out of date on it, so I cannot use it.

Is there any fix in this to where I can try out this AV?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Yes I did download it from the eset website listed above. Sorry about the late post response, I've been away from the internet for some time. I'd still like to test out NOD32 if possible. Thanks.

4. sbowling

sbowling Registered Member

The trial is not the same version you get when you buy it. The trial actually works, the current version slows you browsing down to a crawl when you buy it. So far am extremely unhappy with my purchase and have had to uninstall it to get things working at normal speeds again.

5. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Rubbish. It's exactly the same program! The only difference is the number of update servers the program can access, otherwise it's exactly the same.

6. Marcos

I second that. The trial version of ESS is actually a full version with a temporary username/password embedded. EAV is a classic trial version that does not require a username/password as it updates from separate servers. In terms of functionality and program files, it's exactly same as the full version.

7. Marcos

Just to make sure that zou have downloaded the correct installer, please uninstall the version you have and download the installer from here. If you use a 64-bit OS, replace 32 with 64 in the url.

8. sbowling

sbowling Registered Member

Bullshit! As soon as I paid for it it downloaded a ton of stuff and completely crapped out my connection. I had run a manual update the day before I bought it, so it should have been up to date as it claimed. When was teh last time you used teh demo?

9. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yaaaawn... Zzzzzzzzz... Please, do some better research. :thumbd:

10. Marcos

The trial and full versions are equal in terms of functionality, the only difference is in update. It's highly unlikely if not impossible that such problems would occur after upgrading from a trial to full version. Could you create a log from ESET SysInspector, put it somewhere on an ftp or file sharing service and PM me the link to it?

11. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

On 3 separate occasions over the last 10 days installing it to clients PCs. 2 chose to pay for the license there and then, the third is running the 30 day demo and has instructions on how to buy and use the license for when the time comes. 1 PC was new dual core Pentium PC with Vista, other two were older PCs (2-4 Years old) with XP. No problems with any of them.

My point is that you are in the minority. I have 2 PCs here that ran the demo just fine. One has been running the full version for nearly 3 years now (2.7 then v3 demo then v3 full license) the other is coming up to it first year on v3 (Demo then Full license). Neither of them suffer the same problem you do. I also have many clients who now run NOD32 v3 (one has 6 PCs) and none of them have the problem either. You can't brand a product in the way you do just because you have a problem.

If the full, licensed version was so faulty then how come EVERYONE isn't having the problem? You need to recognise that there is a problem with your particular PC, calm down and start doing the steps you've been asked to do above and you'll get the help you need. Remember no 2 PCs are the same. Even if they are the same make and model the minute someone starts using and configuring their PC it's different to the next one off the production line.

I'm not saying NOD32 V3 is perfect but just because you have a problem, doesn't mean everyone else does....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.