Trial?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JerryM, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been unable to find how to download a trial version of NOD.
    I guess 6 months or longer ago I did trial NOD, and liked it, but went to another AV. I am considering NOD again as a result of problems with my other AV. NOD has the reputation of getting along with other applications.

I realize that I may not be permitted to do a second trial. Is that the case? I am surprised that I cannot download one, even if it did not permit installation.
    I fill out the form on the site, but when I click submit it just returns to the form, which I did fill out completely.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Trial version can be downloaded from ESET's site -> Download section without , choose Home user
    http://www.eset.com/download/

I also doubt you can install trial again if you have previously trialed NOD32 and it expired . If so and if you want to try it again , contact ESET Sales Dept (sales@eset.com) , local ESET representative or reseller , explain them the situation and ask for trial NFR license ;)

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks a lot. I still could not download from the site, but I contacted ESET in CO, talked to a very nice lady who is sending me a copy or whatever it takes. If it runs as well now as it did before I will buy it.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome , Jerry . :thumb:

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I received the program, however, it is the server edition. She said that was what she was sending. Probably that was so I could get another trial. The problem is that the installation instructions are so complex that I am not sure I can get it all done, and then how difficult will it be to uninstall?

If I buy it would not be the server edition.
    Maybe, I had better wait and see if my AV will straighten out before I do anything else.
    The problems are shown here.
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=31813

Thanks again. I'll see what happens, and maybe I can install the server version later.
    Regards,
    Jerry

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Wow , no . There is no server version for NOD32 . You may have a license for RAS/RAC (very very easy to install/uninstall)

You need a simple license for NOD32 Standart or Professional edition(NFR) for some time .

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Jerry , can you tell me more about the email you received from the ESET lady and I'll tell you how you can use that license for your purpose , step-by-step and easy to understand

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi,
    Is it OK to send you a copy of the email by PM? If so I will forward it to you, except I guess I cannot forward as such, but I can copy it if that is OK with the forum and you.

It is the Enterprise Edition. I just did not look when I posted.

Best,
    Jerry

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok ,Jerry , you can PM it . :) Since it is EE , it will do what you need :thumb:
    Will PM you back

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Done.
    Jerry

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

PM received and details given . Enjoy your NOD32 :thumb:

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

HiTech_boy,

With your considerable help I got the program installed, and just finished a system scan. Time was 15:59:19. That is a fast time, and better than I remember.

I am going to trial it the full 30 days and give it a good trial to see if it runs well. I do have confidence that it will do so. That is one of the strong points of NOD32. It seems to be at the top when it comes to getting along with other applications.

I appreciate your help, and NOD's letting me give it another trial.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.