trial version or free version that is the question

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Gazmandk, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazmandk

Gazmandk Registered Member

I had a problem with my computer and had to uninstall the trial version of ewido 4.0. After fixing the problem I tried to reinstall it and it changed from the trial version to a free version without resident shield or automatic updates. My guess is that there are some files left behind after unistall that signals a reinstall to switch to the free version. I would like to try ewido 4.0 as I've heard and read only good things about it.
    Can anybody help??
    Oh yea... I have an error file that states
    " Error: StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed, Value: 00000427, Position: .\service.cpp, 71"

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can send an e-mail to technical support using this form to request for a trial key: ;)

http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/

3. Gazmandk

Gazmandk Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Chubb! I tried that from the onset and was sent a reply stating "we have currently not a trial version license key database, but maybe in future we can offer such a service". Have you tried it before, maybe I'm being bs'd.o_O
    Gazman

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I haven't tried this because I have a license, but there was a similar thread before:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=138224

Since there was no more followup on the thread, I just thought a trial key was given to the user.

Maybe need Peter or Vinzenz's help on this subject again.

5. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Unfortunately Ewido no longer do a free trial key.

I downloaded 30 day free trial a few weeks ago but there was an error and it was only showing as 18 days free, I emailed ewido support and was told to fully uninstall ewido and reinstall, I did, and lost the trial period completely.:mad:

I emailed ewido under the advice of a member from here saying you could get a trial key but was told they no longer provide it, so I was left with free version and no trial. :cautious:

6. Valla

Valla Registered Member

Thats the exact same problem im having... Is there any way of regaining Ewido trial versio as i didnt have it for more than 2 days and would like to put it to the test before buying.

Pls help!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.