trial version or free version that is the question

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Gazmandk, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazmandk

Gazmandk Registered Member

I had a problem with my computer and had to uninstall the trial version of ewido 4.0. After fixing the problem I tried to reinstall it and it changed from the trial version to a free version without resident shield or automatic updates. My guess is that there are some files left behind after unistall that signals a reinstall to switch to the free version. I would like to try ewido 4.0 as I've heard and read only good things about it.
    Can anybody help??
    Oh yea... I have an error file that states
    " Error: StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed, Value: 00000427, Position: .\service.cpp, 71"

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can send an e-mail to technical support using this form to request for a trial key: ;)

http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/

3. Gazmandk

Gazmandk Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Chubb! I tried that from the onset and was sent a reply stating "we have currently not a trial version license key database, but maybe in future we can offer such a service". Have you tried it before, maybe I'm being bs'd.o_O
    Gazman

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I haven't tried this because I have a license, but there was a similar thread before:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=138224

Since there was no more followup on the thread, I just thought a trial key was given to the user.

Maybe need Peter or Vinzenz's help on this subject again.

5. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Unfortunately Ewido no longer do a free trial key.

I downloaded 30 day free trial a few weeks ago but there was an error and it was only showing as 18 days free, I emailed ewido support and was told to fully uninstall ewido and reinstall, I did, and lost the trial period completely.:mad:

I emailed ewido under the advice of a member from here saying you could get a trial key but was told they no longer provide it, so I was left with free version and no trial. :cautious:

6. Valla

Valla Registered Member

Thats the exact same problem im having... Is there any way of regaining Ewido trial versio as i didnt have it for more than 2 days and would like to put it to the test before buying.

Pls help!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.