Trial Version Network Logon Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mudtoe, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudtoe

mudtoe Registered Member

Hi folks:

I'm testing out the trial version True Image, and the first thing i tried was booting from the CD and trying to make a backup over the network to a NAS server device (running Win2K server). Unfortunately, I'm not able to logon to the server, I keep getting the logon screen over and over. Two strange things though, first I'm seeing these two events back to back on the Win2K server that indicate the connection was made:

Event Type: Success Audit
    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    Event ID: 540
    Date: 8/5/2005
    Time: 5:47:49 PM
    User: SRW725N\srwrmt
    Computer: SRW725N
    Description:
    Successful Network Logon:
    User Name: srwrmt
    Domain: SRW725N
    Logon ID: (0x0,0x5D6810DB)
    Logon Type: 3
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Workstation Name: \\(ACRONIS)

Event Type: Success Audit
    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    Event ID: 538
    Date: 8/5/2005
    Time: 5:47:49 PM
    User: SRW725N\srwrmt
    Computer: SRW725N
    Description:
    User Logoff:
    User Name: srwrmt
    Domain: SRW725N
    Logon ID: (0x0,0x5D6810DB)
    Logon Type: 3

From these it looks like the logon is working, but that True Image logs off immediately after making the connection. I've tried using several forms of the logon including "username" "domain\username" "\\domain\username" "\\ipaddress\username", etc. and all yield the same result. I'm now wondering if the trial version is gimped, because the other strange thing is that although the server name is SRW725N, it always appears in the connect dialog box and the Image archive Selection tree on True Image as IS~SRW725N.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome. BTW the trial version shows as Trial Version 8.0 (build 903).

2. mudtoe

mudtoe Registered Member

Well, here is a followup, first the trial version is gimped, but it's gimped in that it won't let you actually make a backup from the stand alone boot version. I tried connecting to another WinXP machine on the network and it was able to logon and show the shares, without asking for the password over and over again. Also, the machine name on the WinXP machine showed as correct, and didn't have the IS~ put on the front of it, like the Win2K server did. All these machines are running as a workgroup, not in a domain. I want to be able to put my backup images on the Win2K NAS server, not another WinXP machine, so it's important that I get this issue settled before I buy.

mudtoe

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mudtoe,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions given in the below FAQ article in order to resolve the issue with the continuous login and password request: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#15

Let me know the results.

As for your question about the server name, please make a screen shot of the server name as it is shown from under Windows and use a digital camera to make a shot of the server name as it shown when booted from Bootable Rescue CD.

Please also go to Start -> Run -> cmd on your server and issue the following command: ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt

Send these screen shots and ipconfig.txt file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.