Trial Version & Bart PE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zetetikos, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zetetikos

zetetikos Registered Member

I've had trouble backing up an Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT. My lastest attempt was to create a Bart PE boot disk with the home edition trial plug in. Booting with Bart PE fixes my first problem - I can access the USB drive and read/write to it fine. However, when I try to run a backup I get the "E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task" and "Error #1722: RPC server unavailable." My speculation is that this might have something to do with creating the Bart PE disk from a trial version? Anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking of buying Acronis in order to back up this laptop, so I want to make sure it will work before I buy.

Thanks

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello zetetikos,

Could easily be what you mention since in the regular Rescue CD that you create from a trial version the backup function is disabeled, the Rescue CD not having an expiration time. But Recovery works from the trial Rescue CD.

It would make sense for such a limitation to be coded into the plugin files included in the trial version too.

If your external drive is not seen from rescue environment, try the following workarounds in connection with booting into rescue environment:

- apply the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky;
    - disconnect every unneeded USB device;
    - don't use an USB hub, plug the external direcly, possibly to a rear panel port (on a desktop PC);
    - connect and power up the external drive before booting from Rescue CD (or after the CD drive starts if the external drive is set on top of the boot order list);
    - wait for a minute on the selection screen to give time to the external to initialize before proceeding;
    - select the Safe version of TI instead of the first choice Full.

3. zetetikos

zetetikos Registered Member

I tried a Bart PE disk with a purchased version on it and got the same result, so it's not just that it's the trial version. I've tried what bVolk suggests also, expect the safe mode won't work because it doesn't include USB support.

I'm at a lost here unless I doing something wrong when creating the Part PE disk. Seems pretty simple though. I can run task manager I see timountermonitor.exe and Trueimagemonitor.exe running, so it looks like some services are being started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.