Trial Version Available?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Is there a trial version of True Image available? Didn't see this option on their web site (might have missed it, though).

I've tried Norton Ghost, and a similar app recommended by PC World (can't remember the name), and they were buggy. Haven't used them in a couple of years. I gave up on imaging software. :( Now I just use Stomp Backup, and it works OK. But a exact image would be better, I think. I sure would like to test it out before I plop down $49, especially since I have seen a few posts talking of problems.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Dazed_and_Confused

Yes it there D_C.

One bit on advice keep away from the the Secure Zone for now. [IMHO]

I know you do read manuals but do read TI's ONE.

Link:- TRIAL VERSIONS

Have fun,
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

PS: Be seeing you soon. :D :D

3. Robmonster

Robmonster Registered Member

Can you please expand on the current problems with Secure Zone? It sounds quite a good feature. I especially like the way you can 'boot' from it in case Windows gets hosed.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Acronis Secure Zone was created for those users, that don't have a separate drive (external or usual) or CDs to hold the image. So this zone enables you to create an image on the same drive, but on a hidden partition, so that you cannot access it by usual means. In case your OS crashes - you can just restore from that partition. However, it's a bit risky to have the back-up on the same drive that is backed up, so if you have an opportunity to store the image over the network or on another HDD - better to do it this way.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. SmartyX

SmartyX Registered Member

Hello Dazed&Confuzed,

I think the concept of True Image is great, but I am having trouble with it.
    The program has some bugs, see THIS THREAD

I purchased and registered the program, and contacted the support department with my problem. They guarantee an answer within 48 hours.... But four days have passed, and I didn't get any reaction :mad:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Right now Acronis Support is a bit overflown with e-mails as the number of customers constantly grows anf the number of requests grows proportionally... We are doing our best to hire new supporters and to close the gap.

Thank you for your patience.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

7. SmartyX

SmartyX Registered Member

Hello Anton,

Thanks for your explanation.

Maybe you should put this comment on your website, in that way customers will not be disappointed. (I am sure this will not harm your sales-rates, because people appreciate honesty above false promises!)
    Or send us a reply e-mail to explain the situation.
    This is better than giving no reaction at all.

I still hope very much that Acronis can repair the bugs in the program, because I like to use it very much. But it has to be reliable in all features.... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.