Trial Software will not install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by domingi, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domingi

domingi Registered Member

Hi,
    I have downladed V10 Trial software. After entering all required fields and choosing typical or custom instals, the installation starts only to end about a minute into the installation, giving me an error that the installation was interrupted and asking to reinstall. I have nothing else running at the time.
    XPPro 2.6G Intel 2 gig ram Asus P4S8X all drivers and OS latest
    Panda Titanium

Please help and thank you.

2. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

3. domingi

domingi Registered Member

Ooops and sorry about that,

I have never had any of Acronis' products installed on this box. In fact, I am a long time Ghost user and was looking to see it this product would work a little easier than Ghost.

4. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

I've used Ghost 8, 9, 10 and 2003 (aka 8.1) for several years. I found the most reliable was Ghost 8 but as it only works in DOS (and the networking is hard to get to work reliably) and it only does full image backups, it can't compete with Acronis in my view. Ghost 9 was very flaky, Ghost 10 was ok, but since its scheduler is unreliable and it doesn't do differential backups, I've grown to like Acronis more, warts and all.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello domingi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you, please, do the following in order to make sure that you downloaded the installation file flawlessly?

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator and unpack the archive;

- Run the application;

- Browse for the file and click Start to calculate the checksums;

- Compare a certain checksum (e.g. MD5) with that of the original to make sure the files are identical.

The MD5 value for the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (English) must be [ f9d3d160d321f4178735cc8c5977413b ].

If the MD5 value is not [ f9d3d160d321f4178735cc8c5977413b ] then please re-download the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home once again.

If it is not the case and the MD5 value is the same then please collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Then attach all the collected log file along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.