Trial Build 3567 Error E00070020 - Help request

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bphillips, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bphillips

bphillips Registered Member

Installed TI Home Trial build 3567 on AMD Barton 2500 / Asus A7N8X / WD Caviar 160 GB / 2 GB matched RAM / Plextor DVD +/-. Took PrtSc shots of every dialogue box whilst creating backup image.

Chose Backup > Create Backup Wizard > Select Backup Type "The Entire disk ........" >

NTFS (C: ) Pri,Act, (Capacity) 19.01 GB (Used Space) 3.322 GB >

then chose backup location (E: ) partition w/ 53.2 GB Free Space >

then "Create new full backup archive" > "Set options manually" >

"Archive protection: No" > "use commands" left checked, but none entered >

"Compression: Normal" > "Priority: High" > "Archive : 4.7 GB" >

"Validate backup archive: Yes" .

** Archive did validate upon completion. ** !!

Now to test it out - will it restore the Win XP Pro/SP2 I just freshly installed
    for this very purpose ? I purposely kept the install to a minimum,
    hoping that if everything ran correctly from this "2-step method" technique,
    that I would then burn the image from my (E: ) partition on the hard drive,
    to DVD with Nero 7 or Alcohol 120.

I only installed XP Pro, Motherboard drivers, Acronis TI Home, Diskeeper 8.0.459.0, Logitech MouseWare 9.78 driver, Folder Size for Windows, TClock.exe, WinRAR, WinZip, SpySweeper, Adobe Reader 7.0, Audio Extract, Windows Media Player 10 + Codecs, Outlook Express w/ imported address book, then reset System Restore to 4% - (C: ) only, Recycle Bin to 3%, defragged w/ Diskeeper, & felt like I had a tight little core installation
    to use as the perfect quick backup - it all came to 3.32 GB on a 19 GB partition.

Here's the 1st message that comes on as the PC boots from the rescue CD :

ohci1394_0 self ID received outside of bus reset sequence

Then it boots from the CD.

Then I choose "Full Version", and proceed through the Restore sequence.
    The 1st odd thing is, I have to choose between NTFS (C: ), and MBR Track 0.
    I choose NTFS (C: ), then 1 or 2 screens later, the Error message pops up "Archive corrupt". It lets me continue through several more screens until the end, and Error message again.

The log file reads:

Module Error Code
    1 1 504(0x101F8 ) Pending Operation started "Verifying Backup Archive"
    2 7 32(0x70020 ) The archive is corrupted
    3 1 502(0x101F6 ) Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated Tag=0x0

If I run TI after Windows has started, and select Verify the Archive, it verifies!

What's up ?

Thanks in advance for any help ~ bp

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

It wasn't clear what drive you were restoring to. And is that E partition part of the physical WD 160 gig? In any case I would create the Image Backup using the bootable Rescue CD - not from running TI within Windows and letting it shell out to Linux. This way you will not having any windows processes running in the background.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bphillips,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try to start the process of the image restoration within Windows and see how the program works on your computer?

Please also create the new image to the internal hard drive and try to restore it in rescue mode.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Prtovide the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. RePete66

RePete66 Registered Member

Running Win XP Pro/SP2 In SAFE MODE with only Microsoft Services Active!
    Attempting 2006.05.07 120GB SATA HDD C_Create Full Backup_1 on G: 200GB EIDE HDD...
    Received "Error E00070020: The archive is corrupted" multiple times.
    Using Latest build #: Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Build # 3567 (not Trial)
    Submitted REPORT with attachment: 2006-05-08-5_Files.zip

Please Help me.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

What happens if you run in Normal XP mode? I didn't think TI would run in XP safe mode because of its requirements. ? ? ? ?

Internal HD to internal HD is the least troublesome method of creating a backup and this being the case, I would:

Run chkdsk X: /r substitute X for the drive letter of each partition on your system and also check the drive you are storing the created image on.

Run Memtest86+ (www.memtest.org) for at least several passes.

Make sure your system BIOS is set to the typical settings - not overclocked, non-agressive memory timings.

You can also eliminate any possible conflict with Windows running by booting up the Recovery CD and running the standalone Linux version.

6. kknostman

kknostman Registered Member

One would hope these corrupt image problems would have been resolved already. I would personally like to use Acronis but since I (and numerous others) are constantly getting corrupt images, it's far to risky to depend on the product.

Also, you shouldn't have to restore/backup/whatever to an internal drive in order to restore to an internal drive. If that's the case then it's a buggy product. As for memtest I've run it myself many times without errors and it hasn't helped with the acronis problem.

7. Acronis Support

Hello RePete66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can understand you have already contacted Acronis Suport Team via e-mail. Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Acronis Support

Hello kknostman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Where do you save images to?

- Does the problem appear both when you create\verify images using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images themselves, between the hard drives and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files were moved\copied. Let us know the results;

- Try creating new images saving them to any other location(s), e.g. other internal, external or network drive(s). Verify these images both when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and inform us about the results;

- Does the problem appear both when you create disk\partition images and file-based backups?

- What are the exact sizes of the resulting images?

- When exactly do you receive the error message indicating that the image is corrupt?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.