Trend micro updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mamarock, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamarock

mamarock Registered Member

Could anybody help me? I wanna know where I can find updates for trend micro pc cillin internet security 2005. On official site, ther is update only for pattern & engine, but I wanna download updates for other components & need to know where (how) to install them. Thans in advance.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

they dont give any component update to be downloaded and manually updated like pattern and engine.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

mamarock,

Your best bet to download updates and install them is to do it manually while connected to the Internet:
    Right-click system tray icon for PC-Cillin->Select Open Main
    Click Updates and Registration in left-hand panel
    Select Manual Update -> lists component levels and date applied to PC-cillin
    Click Update button

You can schedule updates under Update Settings in Updates and Registration and as long as you are connected, the product will let you know when an update is available and prompt you for download (you can defer if you are in the middle of something else).

-- Tom

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

They make it a bit difficult to get component updates manually so an unlicensed version of their av can't get program updates without having the license renewed.

6. mamarock

mamarock Registered Member

Thank you all so much! What's 'bout other av & their updates ( kaspersky, norton,Bitdefender,McAfee...)? I have veeeeeeery slow internet connection, and updates are very important to me. When I format C: I need to download all updates for av and this is too much time for my internet speed. This is why I need to know 'bout update for components.

7. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

as i know NOD32 and KAV uses incremental update which is very little size for daily update. Maybe for other AV uses the same method too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.