trend micro firewall question? (solved)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bigc73542, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running trend micro internet security, And I would like to know if anyone knows if trend made their own firewall or did some other company. It seem to work pretty well and I was just curious who developed it. thanks for any information you may be able to give. ;)

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Re:trend micro firewall question?

I am relying on memory here, so this may be totally incorrect, but I thought I remembered reading that PCC's original firewall was based on ZA free.

Don't take that as gospel, and someone please correct me if that's inaccurate.

:doubt:

I do know that (basically) an older version of PCC is included with Sygate's firewall in VCom's System Suite. Hopefully I'm not confused... :doubt:

3. bigc73542

It kind of has me stumped. by the way this is the 2004 edition. I don't reconize anything in the firewall that looks or acts quite like any other firewall I have used. It has quite a few settings .It kind of resembles kerio but who knows. I just e-mailed trend support to see if they will tell me. If they do I will post it just for general knowledge. :)

Attached Files:

4. bigc73542

It looks like trend Micro developed their own firewall. Following is their e-mail response to my question about who developed their firewall.

Dear Curtis,

Thank you for trusting us with your issue and sending us this e-mail.
    Please allow me to provide you assistance with your questions and
    concerns about our product. To keep our records up to date, it is very
    important to RESPOND to this e-mail.

Trendmicro developer's for the PC-cillin program designed it. It has been used since PC-cillin2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.