trend micro firewall question? (solved)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bigc73542, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running trend micro internet security, And I would like to know if anyone knows if trend made their own firewall or did some other company. It seem to work pretty well and I was just curious who developed it. thanks for any information you may be able to give. ;)

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Re:trend micro firewall question?

I am relying on memory here, so this may be totally incorrect, but I thought I remembered reading that PCC's original firewall was based on ZA free.

Don't take that as gospel, and someone please correct me if that's inaccurate.

:doubt:

I do know that (basically) an older version of PCC is included with Sygate's firewall in VCom's System Suite. Hopefully I'm not confused... :doubt:

3. bigc73542

It kind of has me stumped. by the way this is the 2004 edition. I don't reconize anything in the firewall that looks or acts quite like any other firewall I have used. It has quite a few settings .It kind of resembles kerio but who knows. I just e-mailed trend support to see if they will tell me. If they do I will post it just for general knowledge. :)

Attached Files:

4. bigc73542

It looks like trend Micro developed their own firewall. Following is their e-mail response to my question about who developed their firewall.

Dear Curtis,

Thank you for trusting us with your issue and sending us this e-mail.
    Please allow me to provide you assistance with your questions and
    concerns about our product. To keep our records up to date, it is very
    important to RESPOND to this e-mail.

Trendmicro developer's for the PC-cillin program designed it. It has been used since PC-cillin2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.