Trend micro antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chaos16, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

couold i use trend micro antispyware as a antispyware for realtime protection like that i would have a realtime protection for spyware?

2. Siro

Siro Registered Member

Not recommended at all there are other better options available like Webroots Spysweeper or Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Pro 1.6 and freeware options like Microsoft Antispyware,Spyware Blaster or Spybot.Use a combination of these to keep ur self secure.Spyware Doctor 3 can also be added into that list.

3. chaos16

anyone has any positive thoughts on this product?

is it better than microsoft antispyware?

4. chaos16

well i am trialing the program and like it a bit.

i find its got good features it got CMShredder.

wat i have is this overkill?

this is the only antispyware with realtime protection?

5. muf

muf Registered Member

Forget the comment about Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Pro 1.6 being a better option. I have Ad-Aware SE Plus and it's suggested(by many) that the Ad-Watch feature it is not so good at stopping spyware. Ad-Watch is fine for monitoring startups, but for stopping spyware? Forget it!!!

More reasonable option's are(and in no particular order) Spy Sweeper, Counterspy, MS Antispyware and Spyware Doctor. Dunno about Trend's application. If you like it, and it plays well with your system then i'd stick with it.

There is a matrix here showing what area's some of the Antispyware application's monitor. May help you decide.
    http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-features.htm

muf

6. Dexter

Dexter Registered Member

After using TMAS for two weeks, I'm very satisfied with this product.

It has 56827 signatures right now, while Spyware Doctor has 3xxxx, and Spy Sweeper has 10xxxx. Although TMAS has fewer sigatures than does Spy Sweeper, TMAS identified two trojans and one adware which escaped from KAV and Spy Sweeper. I checked the scan report and found it was not false positive.
    By the way, TMAS is not only an antispyware, but also a privacy protection software like Window Washer.
    I think you should try it yourself.

Hope you understand my english.

Dexter from Taiwan.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  7. chaos16

well in spywarewarrior it says the mcafee antispwyare 2006 beta is one of the top 10.

i don't want to use m$ antispyware coz it doesn't find loads of spyware on purpose and trend antispyware slowed my pc alot.

but maybe the new mcafee antispyware is great? for a realtime protection for spyware? coz i need a good realtime protection for antispyware?

maybe the mcafee or its not that good?

8. Socio

Socio Registered Member

It only appears MS antispyware misses loads of stuff when actually all it misses is cookies and that is because it does not do anything with cookies yet.

Right now I run Ewido + Spywareblaster+MS antispyware and thus far this combo keeps most everything off my system.

9. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

As someone suggested above, I would give Spy Sweeper a try and see what you think. I recently started using it and love it. Besides the great realtime protection, their on-demand scanning speed is extremely fast, By far the fastest I have seen to date.

You can download a 14 day trial at download.com

10. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I use spy-sweeper and im very satisfied. I use also the new trendmicro antispyware 3.0 ...is super, very very good and fast. I recommend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.