Trend internet security Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SteveBlanchard, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

NEW to Trend Micro! We have now added Internet Security Pro. This powerful suite comes packed with benefits to combat the latest in security threats, including advanced keystroke encryption, new Wi-Fi advisor and system tuner in addition to all the features of Trend Micro Internet Security.

And as a loyal Trend Micro customer you can take advantage of the added protection and sense of security that the Internet Security PRO suite provides by going to your local reseller or visiting us online for only £10 more than Trend Micro Internet Security 2008.
    CLICK HERE for the strongest protection available

And Internet Security 2008 is now available
    If you don't want the advanced features of the Pro version, as a loyal customer to Trend Micro you are eligible to download the latest version of our award-winning software and we are proud to announce that the new Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 suite is ready and waiting for you.*

Click here to download and upgrade

Benefits include:

* 25% faster scanning
    * 50% less memory usage
    * Unique Web threats protection
    * New behaviour monitoring antivirus technology
    * Protection against image spam

So now you can enjoy even faster scanning, stronger protection and safer internet security.

Best regards,
    Trend Micro:doubt:

2. mikesu

mikesu Registered Member

Hello
    I have many problem with the Antispam module - a part of TrendMicro Internet Security 2008. Antispam doesn't support switching between others users in OE. It hangs OE and generates many problems. I write to TM and they told that know about this and they still working about this. It' was 2 months ago.... I'm using TM before 2004.... This version is the worse version of TMIS which has been tested by my.
    Steve - do you have any good informations for my?

3. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Indeed, TM 2008 has been improved a lot compared to version 2007. I don't notice any slowdown. Even scanning engine is fast. However, its detection rate is a bit more than average

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Did you read any reliable test on this one?
    Curious to see what it can do. If it became any better

5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

The 2007 slowed my boxes greatly. The 2008 would have had to be reinvented to not slow your computer. The other problem is mediocre (at best) detection and high memory usage.

6. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

This is the test report from av-comparatives, however it was tested on 2007 version
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2007
  7. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

thanks, I'll have to give it a look since I used it but not since 2005, my wife used it 2006. I am curious about detection as it did get me in at the end of 2005 letting in a trojan, mem usage does consern me as does boot time but I'll give it a trial see if I like it thanks again...

8. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Decisions, decisions o_O

I have just gotten an email from Trend Micro inviting me to become a member of PUG (Power Users Group). I had wanted this back during the three years I was a beta tester for them. Being a member includes some nice perks. But I had made up my mind on settling with Symantec.

I hate decisions like this :(

9. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Norton has much higher detection rates. I have used Norton, TM, and NOD32 which I am currently using because of lightness on my machine, detection, and advanced heuristics. Unless TM has reinvented the wheel, I would stay away from it perks and all.

10. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Well, it is all moot anyway. I found out that TMIP '08 isn't compatible with Vista's SP1 beta which I am running at the moment. NIS '08 had no problem with it.

11. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Trend is awesome. Cheapest AV/suite around, very good detecton, doesn't bog your system. Perfect.

12. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've never tried Trend so can't comment from personal experience. My local computer guru though will use only Trend Micro on his personal PC's. He doesn't sell software, but if someone asks that's what he recommends. He says it's the only AV he'll put on his kids (both early teen boys) PC's and it's saved him lots of work cleaning their computers of viruses.

I run AVG free at the moment, while debating reinstalling Blink.

13. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

More likely he uses the Parental Control features that can block various websites!!! although I would doubt what he says about viruses, in my case PC-cillian 07 let virus's on to the PC then only reported them at a scan, which is the main reason I've gone elsewhere.

14. apm

apm Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.