Traveling - Security- Keyboard Loggers

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by srfox, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srfox

srfox Registered Member

With all the latest stuff on the danger of Keyboard loggers being on public machines, this is enough for some major players to come up with some solutions.

The recent article in the New York Times on October 10, 2003 By JOHN SCHWARTZ http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/10/technology/10SPY.html?ex=1068023244&ei=1&en=418d9eeb97c3f368 goes into the dangers of loverSpy and other so called loggers and states: [Last year the Secret Service warned colleges and universities that key-logger systems had been found on
    public computers in schools in Arizona, Texas, Florida and
    California. And earlier this year a former Boston College
    student, Douglas Boudreau, pleaded guilty to charges that he had installed key-loggers on machines at the school to create student ID and debit cards that allowed him to steal about $2,000 worth of goods and services.

"Anybody who routinely uses a computer that isn't their own ought to be thinking, `who's looking over my shoulder?' " said Ross Stapleton-Gray, a computer consultant who has worked for the University of California system.]

So, I've downloaded X-cleaner which can fit on a floppy, so I won't be logging into anything when I travel, until I check the computer, with this.
    The problem is other tools are needed, when one travels, like a secure way to access email, instant chat,
    such as some way of "tunneling to go" if you know what I mean.
    I have already found a very good traveling password manager to take the place of my roboForm, while I'm traveling, called Aha Password Manager - http://www.fronture.com/eng/ahapass/index.html, which I can access away from home, but other issues concern me as mentioned above.
    So a combination of online tools and programs that will fit on a floppy, seems to needed to secure a public accessed computer as this threat is very real.
    So any of you who might have suggestions and ideas, please let me know and this is an appeal also to developers who may come up with solutions to this dilemma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.