Transfer to New Computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nsapc, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsapc

nsapc Registered Member

I have purchased a new computer. Both old and new have separately registered versions of Vista as the OS. I have three partitions on the old: C drive with the OS and all program files/applications; and D and E drives with data. I know how to transfer the data of D and E to the new computer. Is there a way using True Image 10.0 to transfer all of program files/applications (and supporting files) from the C drive of the old to C drive of the new so as to avoid a day long process of installing all of the applications?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, .... you need to use True Image 9.1 Workstation together with the Universal Restore add-on. But be aware, that some get it to work and some do not. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi nsapc

Unless the machines are absolutely identical, i would suggest still doing it manually. Even if the Universal restore works perfectly it still isn't going to have the right drivers etc. Frankly I think for your purposes it will be a penny saved, a dollar spent.

Pete

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nsapc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as most applications are tightly interlaced with the operating system, the only possible way to transfer them to another computer is together with operating system. Acronis solution that is designed to transfer the system to a different hardware is Acronis Universal Restore (which is an add-on for corporate versions of Acronis True Image).
    However, please be aware that transferred Vista will most likely detect the hardware environment change and request reactivation.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.