transfer rates

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Huupi, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hi everyone just installed bootback ( aka First Defense ) and PD 8,thats the only change made in snapshot,after that i did refresh the other snapshot and it took 28 minutes to refresh,bitrate was very slow (about 160kb/sec.),at the start i think it was about normal ( 2800kb/sec.) and than slowly drops the rate to 160.
    Is this normal.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No that is not normal.
    Refreshing is normally the fastest activity of FDISR, usually a matter of seconds or minutes. I guess you have to give more information about your computer, installed security softwares, volumes, ...

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Do you disable an real time scanning programs like AV's they will really slow the copy process down.

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

At copying/updating all security disabled,i have pentium D 2gig Ram i would say a reasonably fast system.I tryed again without security ,slower transferrates now nothing more then 22 kb/sec after installing again Bootback and refresh to the other Snapshot.there is a lot of removing files and a litle adding,afterall removed 7,5 gig of data and added 27 Mb. !! thats weird,time to complete 19 min.My other systems with Bootback alias FD ISR installed runs just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.