Tracking Cookies

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PrinceJason, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceJason

PrinceJason Registered Member

I discovered these tracking cookies and thought maybe SpyBlaster could automatically add these. And yes, you can add these editing the registry, going to tools/internet options/privacy, and by using a cookie manger like AnalogX. I just thought it would make sense for SpyBlaster to block them.

Data: prince@adservingcentral[1].txt
    Action:blocked cookies from adservingcentral.com

Data: prince@server.iad.liveperson[1].txt
    Action:blocked cookies from liveperson.net

Data: prince@rccl.bridgetrack[2].txt
    Action:blocked cookies from bridgetrack.com

2. yokenny

yokenny Registered Member

3. PrinceJason

As before:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A large host file serious impedes preformance.
    http://www.geocities.com/yosponge/dnsredirect.html\
    Basicly the host file has to be read into and out of memory every single time a new connection to another computer on any connected network is made. I used to have a host file that was 10Mb! These were taken from Spybot, JunkBusters, as well as many others. RAMbooster was constantly having to opitimize the RAM

Also host file blocking does not allow for wildcards like DNSkong does. This makes it cumbersome, tedious, and inefficient to block all related sites.
    http://www.pyrenean.com/dnsk.php
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for blocking ads--it would only work if the ad was being served from another server. What if the ad was on the server you were currently visiting? Adding the site to the host file would block you entirely from the site if you added the site you visited. Also, if you added the an ad servering server and the file was actually embedded within the server that you were visiting it would not be blocked. Wildcards are the solution to this. Are you understanding what I am saying? :doubt:

Host files should only be used to block Large ad servers and potentially dangerous sites. i.e. doubleclick.com

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Thanks for the advice. However: please discuss other software on the appropriate forum. As said before, this is the spyblaster support forum. Anything goes in regard to this software. Other software/issues do not belong over here. No offense intended.

regards.

paul

5. PrinceJason

I got carried away in defending my position and forgot to make it back my first point. I think SpyBlaster should block the aforementioned cookies in my first post.

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No problem, PrinceJason ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.