Tracking cookie bypassing Sandboxie???

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by AlexC, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Hello,

I´m currently using Comodo Internet Security (with Defense+ in safe mode), Sandboxie (registered version), and Avira Personal.

The sandbox is automaticly emptyed when i close the browser (i use Opera or IE). However it seems that a particular adware tracking cookie can always bypass sandboxie... is called "alexc@atdmt[2].txt" and is located in "C:\Documents and Settings\AlexC\Cookies\

Take a look:
    http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/562/screenshot002kzp.jpg

Concerning to sanboxie configuration, i only allow direct access to Opera bookmarks. I don´t allow direct access to cookies.

So, how can this tracking cookie bypass sandboxieo_O

Thanks.

2. arran

arran Registered Member

Re: Tracking cookie bypassing Sanboxieo_O

It can't bypass sandboxie. The cookie would have already been there before your installed sandboxie OR at some stage you ran your browser outside of sandboxie.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Block 3rd party cookies in your browser.

4. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Have you any idea what site the cookie is from ?
    Maybe you could do a fresh test and see if this is what happened.

5. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

After some testing i discovered that the contents of the sandbox were not being automatically deleted when i close IE, because i was not alowing "rundll32.exe" to start running inside the sandbox. So, is possible that the other times when SUPERAntispyware discovered the same tracking cookie, she was located inside the sandbox and i haven´t noticed ("C:\Sandbox\Documents and Settings\AlexC\Cookies\alexc@atdmt[2].txt").

But this time the tracking cookie was outside the sandbox ("C:\Documents and Settings\AlexC\Cookies\alexc@atdmt[2].txt"), so i think that arran is right, and probably, at some stage (although i don´t remenber), i ran IE or Opera outside the sandbox.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.