tower

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Another weird question with desktop towers..that go under monitors can u position them under desks on there side? so the tray comes out sideways? harder to put discs in i know..but takes less room is this bad for the tower? thanks MD :rolleyes:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

As long as the box can get cooling, it should be no problem.
    Towers originally came about because people would take them from beneath the monitor and turn them into a tower. :D

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

It will probably gather dust faster that way. Also, i think some cases have sort of a scheme where the air intake is low in the front, and the exhaust fan is high in the back. Obviously, the designer's were thinking it would be upright. Bun Ron's right, people put them either way, and cooling is the biggest concern. anyway, you could also get an extra fan. I have four in my computer.

- HandsOff

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're right Handsoff. Cooling is important these days. I would make sure the box has cooling.

And, dust can be a problem if you don't clean your computer every six months or so.

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

ok thanks.. i do have the outlets clear? and i clean the dust out regular thanks MD :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.