toughest Call........Explore Partitions And Delete some files ???

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by hridaynath, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hridaynath

hridaynath Registered Member

hey guys,
    i have a toshiba ..just bought a new one ...it has windows vista home premium pre installed on it ..but as u know the Great microsoft vista is soooooooo shitty ..so i wanted to install windows xp on it ..and for those who know about the toshiba recovery partition ..what has happened is ..while installing windows xp on hard drive ..the toshiba partition was detected as c: drive and windows xp was installed on e: so now the toshiba partition ..EISA configuration has some files on it ..including system folder system volume information ..and now i wanted to switch back to windows vista coz some of my hardware is not really compatible with windows xp ..like the atheros wireless card and synaptics pointing device and many others ..so i used the Toshiba recovery cd to reinstall windows vista on my puter..coz i dont have windows vista cd..but now the recovery cd is giving me an error msg that the drive needs additional space ..it says free size 1.42 Gb total size 1.46 Gb...u need additional 476mb space ..and then it gives me options of retry ..which doesnt do anything ..and cancel ..and this turns off the puter.after clicking turn off ..i cant install vista coz i have some files on that toshiba drive...which i want to delete ..but i cant format the drive ..if i format it ...i will lose all information for my hardware as well as microsoft activation ..as the toshiba comes pre-activate with microsoft vista on it ..

is there any software where in i can explore the drive and delete all other files that i want to ..i even tried to clone the drive to another drive using Acronis DD and then convert it into fat32 and using windows 98 boot cd tried to delete those files and folders ..files were gone but that system volume information was still there..its hidden and has system attributes..how do i delete it ??

computer experts get to work ..and gimme some solution ..lol

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hridaynath,

Thank you for using Acronis Products.

Booted from Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 Bootable Rescue Disc (CD) you will be able to delete the unnecessary files/folders from any partition of your drive with the supported file system by right-clicking on that partition, choosing Explore, selecting the file/folder you need to delete and pressing the Delete File key as shown on the attached picture.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.