Tough Love From Microsoft

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by GlobalForce, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Warning: Microsoft says security enhancements in Windows XP’s Service Pack 2, expected this month, could break some applications. Analysts expect as many as 25% to 50% of you will suffer locked or damaged upgrades.

NetworkWorldFusion

2. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I don't even use any of those programs on the microsoft list. I use software that is compatible with service pack 2, those software whose vendors have verified their software to work with SP2.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

It's good reference for people interested.

Personally Nadirah, I'm a Kazaa fan myself !

GF ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

More than tough love.....it's ridiculous. a third of the programs on the list are Microsoft. I have Office as well as an antivirus and a firewall on the list. Looks like I won't be upgrading to SP2 any time soon.

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'm beginning to think that good ol' M$ think we all must just have fallen off a Christmas Tree.....What IS their problem??.....do we deserve better or what?......Is there No respect here at all for the 'Man's' Customers?. In another Thread I said I would have a look at SP2 in 2008! when all the C**p had been ironed out as a Joke, but it is becoming more of a fact by the minute......and believe me, I know virtually nothing about Comps, but I ain't stupid either........... :D

Cochise, :cool:

Cochise,

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Well, you know, Cochise, we're all supposed to download the package, and then go out and buy the latest version of Office, change our antivirus to suit MS, change our firewalls to suit MS, and then probably not have anything work anyway. I swear to God, my next computer is going to be an Apple, with Appleworks and not a byte of MS on it if I can help it.

8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi Nadirah,

Seeing you around here many times and posting many times, please check and doublecheck your apps. Your verified software might be compatible after making some adjustements to your OS.
    Regards,

Gerard

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Phew.... thanks for links GF and JRosenfeld ;)

I have quite a few of those apps listed that "may play up"

ROFL....@ Office products which I have, man... those dudes think I am going to shell out monies for new Office to run SP2, no way.

Guess this little black duck won't be installing SP2 until 2009 [had to beat Cochise's deadline :p ]

Cheers, TAS

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yes, I have tweaked my OS in many ways, i'm rather confident most of my apps are SP2 ready. I'll be monitoring the situation very closely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.