TotalUsers86481=EnergySavings654917KWh

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chalawah, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

http://www.localcooling.com/

I like this idea.

Chalawah

Anyone for Team Wilders?

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Chalawah,

Seems like a neat idea if it works! Have you tried it yet? Post back with your opinion.

Take Care
    Rico

3. Chalawah

Local Cooling [version 1.04 beta].

Installing on XP Home SP2 fully updated was successful.

During the install Online Armour popped us this warning...see install1.jpg

LnS firewall application filtering picked up on Local Cooling connecting to the internet as expected.

The main GUI and tabs are clear and well thought out...see Desktop GUI main tabs1-4.jpg

The main GUI can be closed to a taskbar icon. Double clicking on the taskbar icon brings up a small GUI with the energy savings made since using this software. An option to click on 'Settings' opens the main GUI window as in the images below.

I see from Windows Task Manager that localcooling.exe is using a memory usage @ 20,772K

By creating an account on the Local Cooling web site through the GUI, I can view my contribution to energy saving using this free software.

The Local Cooling forum is a neat place to see what others are doing, offer feed back and improvements, Team Talk etc etc. I like the thread about a one company/Team committing to planting one real tree for every virtual tree they save.

The software appears to be functioning well and doing what it is supposed to do. [I have noticed it even gives three warning pips when it is about to shut off the monitor].

:D

Local Cooling.

Give it a go.

:D

Rgds,

Chalawah.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Chalawah,

Very Impressive! Playing devil's advocate here wouldn't I achieve the same electrical savings, by matching, your 'local cooling' pic. with 'Power Options Properties from Windows? I could live without all the info they provide. On the other hand, with their software, thousands of Power settings get adjusted, and there in lies the value. Well done! I'll modify my power settings & not install.

Thanks Very Much:thumb:

Take Care
    Rico

5. Chalawah

Rico,

It's good that you are able to take something from this post - just great that you are making a step to reduce global warming;)

rgds,

chalawah

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: May 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.