Total Stat bypass...possible?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by CrawlingD, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrawlingD

CrawlingD Registered Member

Is it possible to visit a site like Youtube, play a video, and totally bypass the stats counter?

I know IP address can be hidden using commercial products and services, BUT is there something out there on the market that makes one TOTALLY invisible?

Not because I want to go out and do this but because I want to find out how there can be a discrepancy in a situation with my youtube account.

I was told someone viewed a youtube video off my facebook account. But when I went to look at the stats analysis, it showed no trace of a visit from her (I count and track all my hits).

So I want to know if I'm being lied to, or is it really possible to play a youtube video without leaving a single trance. (Mind you, this person is NOT a computer expert by any means.)

Would appreciate any insights out there.

Thnx!

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

She watched it through Facebook. Its Facebook that connects not her. Facebook's IP's are known to YouTube and they don't add it to the stat counter as it could be someone boosting their video views or cheating the advertisement system.

3. CrawlingD

CrawlingD Registered Member

Thanks for that insight. I did not know that. I guess that is certainly a possible explanation. But when I watched it on my own facebook page, it counted my own views. Any ideas or thoughts on this? Why it would show mine and not hers?

4. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i think the large hosts files (WinMVPS etc) block many stat counters but maybe not on a site like YouTube. also fwiw there are YouTube browsers (MiniTube) that let you watch and download the videos without accepting cookies - maybe one of these type of apps wouldn't trigger a hit on the counters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.