Tor site on StackExchange in private beta

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mirimir, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

A site for Tor questions on StackExchange is in private beta. Unless it starts getting more users soon, it will die. If you're interested, go to <-http://tor.stackexchange.com-> and commit to the Area 51 site proposal. As far as I know, this is the best option for Tor questions in play.

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Signed up - very confusing, never used stackexchange before. I'll figure it out.

PD

3. adrelanos

adrelanos Registered Member

I never could make up my mind which type of forum I prefer.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I have most experience with this type of forum, and little with the StackExchange type. I like this type for discussions. The StackExchange type is confusing, because the message order changes based on voting. On the other hand, it's easier to find coherent, self-contained answers on the StackExchange type. In part, that may reflect explicit preference for both 1) simple (one-question) questions that invite coherent answers, and 2) complete answers that don't reference other answers, and even repeat stuff.

If you have questions about using Tor, this is a good time to ask them, because many of the Tor developers are actively answering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.