Tor Not working?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Shark_M, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark_M

Shark_M Registered Member

Hi, is tor working?

Suddenly there is no servers and no connections, what is up?

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I thought it was just me who had problems, I thought something was wrong with my computer and I had to reinstall.

3. mant

mant Registered Member

Me too.. not working.

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I downloaded the new version earlier today and it worked just fine.

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I did the same yesterday and it is not working today.

6. mant

mant Registered Member

Please report back if TOR is working again.

I tought my ISP block TOR, i just using TOR in 3 days, now a week TOR still not working. Or my new Outpost Firewall 6.0 maybe? o_O

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I can't exit from vadalia.exe, right clicking on the tray icon does not work at all.

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

It is still working just fine for me. 60.186.179.166

I have Vidalia set to run when I start my comp. But I have to tel tor and privoxy to start. Maybe try clicking on them to get them running.

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Remember 2 years back it was just Tor, and the held a contest who could come up with the best GUI well that was realsed and named Vadalia and inside vadalia control panel is a check box to start vadalia (the control panel) along with tor, the fact you have to start them seperately allows them to function. But the Question is does yours work, and is the features restricted. Can you link Tor.exe and Vadalia.exe and could it function as a unit.
    [Edit] I get a error message when I click on vadalia:Error connecting to Tor Control socket is not conected (I put a check in the checkbox so that vadalia.exe and Tor.exe start together. The help file says to change to control port (aka lessoning port). But 9051 (which it is set to is the correct port but it doesn't work) I tryed 9050-doesn't work,then 9052 also doesn't work. I must concluced that 9051 is the right setting (I remember when I used Proxomitron(control port 9050) instead of Privoxy(control port 9051), they are both internet filter sets). I set Vadalia control port back to 9051 (which it was set at and didn't work) but now does work.But I still can't exit vadalia by right clicking on the icon in the tray.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  10. Shark_M

I have managed to get Tor started again.

You need to get the latest development bits, and to enable "My ISP Blocks Tor traffic" and use a Proxy (HTTP).

Even if you dont have bridges leave the check mark on, it will encrypt Tor's traffic to directory servers.

Some ISP's started blocking tor protcol, apparently.

Thanks

11. Shark_M

If you are running Kaspersky internet security you get those errors, Either try to add Tor and Vidalia to Kaspersky's ignore list or remove kaspersky, its not compatible.

Sometimes firewalls block secondary ports that Vidalia needs. check your firewall settings/compatibility options.

12. mant

mant Registered Member

TOR is working, my new firewall blocking gzip decompression/decoding. Now working good for me. Thanks.

ps: I don't use Vidalia's. Just TOR (as windows service) and Privoxy.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.