Tor browser - something has changed

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jaccarrino, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaccarrino

jaccarrino Registered Member

Hi - I used to be able to launch tor, start a d/l from within the tor browser, and then switch to a new identity, and have the current d/l continue. No more. Now, I start a d/l, switch to a new identity, and that breaks the current d/l.

Reason I want to do this, is I sometimes buy large digital files which are broken up into many .rar files. I can only initiate several simul d/ls, so what I used to do is start a couple using tor/tor browser, change identity, start a couple more, and so on. Now I cant because again, changing to a new identity breaks the d/l.

I have no idea why it used to work, and now all of a sudden it doesn't. Any ideas here?

Thank you!

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

So your the reason all file sharing websites give the message (You are already downloading a file). You...... You........ Filehogger.... You.....

For real you should check the settings in Tor Button in add-ons, you may find they have add a new option to break downloads from old identity.

3. jaccarrino

jaccarrino Registered Member

Hey - thanks for the response. First part was funny. :D

I cant find any such option. Do you know exactly where it is?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.