Tor Browser Bundle makes it impossible to create paragraphs on some forums. Help plz!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DesuMaiden, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I was posting on some forums with TBB, and I noticed that TBB makes it impossible for me to create paragraphs with the traditional method of hitting the "Enter" key.

Then I thought of an innovative solution to this problem. I searched up "how to create paragraphs in html" and then I found that the "<p>" "</p>" tags could be used to create paragraphs on forums. But that method didn't work.

So I used "<BLOCKQUOTE>" and "</BLOCKQUOTE> around the text that I want to create a new paragraph around. And viola, it actually worked on the forum I was posting on!!!

An example of this works

"</BLOCKQUOTE>"
    "You are cool. I want to be your friend. Let's meet up with each other next Friday" "</BLOCKQUOTE>"

The block-quote tags helped me create the paragraphs.

I used ixquick to find out how to indent on forums with HTML. In fact, I used the search query "html tag for indenting" on ixquick to find the following website, which taught me how to use various HTML tags for forums.
    http://www.temple.edu/cs/web/codes.html

I can't believe it was THAT easy. Now I can finally create paragraphs on that forum.

By the way, could anyone explain to me why I couldn't create paragraphs (using the traditional "Enter" key method) on certain forums using Tor Browser Bundle? I'm currently using Windows XP inside a Virtual Machine for posting on forums. I think it is really strange I could create paragraphs on that forum without using the blockquote HTML tags.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi ComputersRock,

When you login to any forum while using Tor, since you do not know whether the exit node is trustworthy, it is entirely possible that your account/password on that forum was compromised if the owner of that exit node was looking at its traffic.

Be careful out there!

-- Tom

3. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

The forums I was on didn't use https, so everything was unencrypted.

Therefore an eavesdropper could easily see all of my traffic. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll stick my VPN for that site rather than Tor. :)

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

The simple rule to always remember is Tor is for anonymity not for privacy.

Use it to hide where information is coming from, not for protecting the actual content of the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.