ToolWiz Time Freeze - Can't exclude files or folders

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by HenkDePoema, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenkDePoema

HenkDePoema Registered Member

I'm working with ToolWiz Time Freeze 2014 for a few days now and I really like it's functionality. I was looking for some kind of Windows SteadyState alternative that doesn't mess with the MBR (like Reboot Restore Rx and COMODO Time Machine do, leaving me with a non-booting Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit). And although this is not the main purpose of TTF, it does the job fine.

Except for one weird thing. I want to exclude my virus protection folder (\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security), in order to keep it updated without toggling the freeze mode of TTF. But when I set this folder (or any file or folder) to exclude, the next time I open TTF, "Enable Folder Exclusion when Time Freeze is on" is unchecked again, even without rebooting. This happens both in Freeze mode as in normal mode. Starting TTF with admin rights doesn't change a thing. It looks like a bug to me, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

2. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I would drop an email to james@toolwiz.com
    James is on the ball and you should receive a reply.

3. HenkDePoema

HenkDePoema Registered Member

Tnx, I almost immediately got this reply:
    I'll keep you posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.