Tools - Misc IE Settings Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by geocache, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geocache

geocache Registered Member

I was fooling around and set the IE Window Title Box with a silly phrase to test the function, and it worked too well. Now I can't find a way to delete or reset so it only reads the HTML title code for a page. Every time I launch another browser window...my silly phrase appends the title. I checked out the "help" option, but reset is not discussed. Would appreciate any assistance. thx

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

When you go back to Tools - Misc. IE Settings, is any text displayed in the box? If so, simply delete the text and hit Apply. If not, let me know, and I'll try some more digging around.

3. geocache

geocache Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the assistance. I noticed when I fired up my computer this morning, the title was reset and the phrase I used was no longer displaying, (I had deleted the text from the box and applied the setting last night to no effect). So, I'm assuming that once you apply a title header setting and want to delete it, once you clear out the box and apply the deletion, you have reboot before it will take effect.

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Quite possibly. Regardless, I'm glad to see that your difficulty has been cleared up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.