Tool.Win32.Reboot.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Gi?on, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gi?on

Gi?on Registered Member

Hello all i scanned my system with escan and got this result

File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E27FB052-D001-4A55-9732-FC492DF1C81C}\RP6\A0002298.exe tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot.
    File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E27FB052-D001-4A55-9732-FC492DF1C81C}\RP10\A0006622.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot.
    File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E27FB052-D001-4A55-9732-FC492DF1C81C}\RP10\A0004541.exe tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot

now i wanna know is how i can get rid of them..can any1 here help me with this?

thnx in advance

2. Gi?on

Gi?on Registered Member

Help..im hacked!

Hello ppl..im hacked and i want to know how to get rid of the hacker..what programs to use..ive ran several anti-virus scanners on my system..

stinger..escan..antivir i ran those because i cant acces the other scanners on my system..the programs i used got rid of alot of virusses and trojans after that i ran spybot and adaware to get rid of the spyware etc..now im on a point that i dont know what to do im not an expert in this department...this is only thing i got from the hacker his number or whatever it is...S-1-5-21-1004336348-60674145-1801674531

how i noticed that i am hacked was at first when i started up my computer constantly i couldnt access my account so i re-installed windows and entered my account there where all these nasty pop ups...processes running i dont know of..the programs that usually run aint running and my resolution changed my programs dissapeared from my desktop..etc

can some1 plz help me restore my system

(excuse my bad english)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Gi®on,

I have merged your other post from the General Topics forum into this one since I'm assuming you are referring to the same computer.

I'm not sure if what you have is a true trojan or not, or spyware with trojan behaviour, therefore given a name with 'trojan' in it. I was able to find this link that gives a bit of information:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/t/trojan_win32_reboot.asp

You might want to scan with an anti-trojan and see what else is turned up. You can find links to suggested anti-trojan programs along with other helpful cleaning steps to try in this link: General Cleaning Instructions

Let us know how it goes,

Regards,

snap

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello Gi®on,

The alerts that escan give you are in your system restore points.

To clean out your System Restore, do the following:

Turn OFF System Restore.
    1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the System Restore tab.
    4. Check the box beside "Turn off System Restore".
    5. Click Apply, and then click OK.
    6. Restart the computer. (You must restart your computer to clear the old Restore Points)

To Turn System Restore back ON.
    1. Follow the above Steps 1 to 3
    2. Uncheck the box beside "Turn off System Restore".
    3. Click Apply, and then click OK.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Run another scan with escan and then if you are clean. CREATE a new restore point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.