Took a Chance on TI-9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Well, I took the plunge and did a Backup and Recovery using TI-9. I have to admit, I do not like the new GUI and the "wording " . It is confusing to me.
    First, TTI-9 calls it Archieve instead of Image, when I tred to check the "archieve " after creating the "Archieve"
    Second, very confusing when I pop in the newly Created Recovery Bootable Cd to Recover after Reboot, it gives 3 options, that 2 of which I am really Confused. So, I just went with the "Recommended " option.
    Also, another confusing point when I was going thru the Recovery with the wizard, I have already specify which Partition I wanted to Recover and towards the end it prompts me, whether to assign a Logical Drive letter or Not ??
    Result: Eventhough, the Recovery was flawless, I am not very "happy " with this New Version, I think I might go back to Version 8 B937.

Kinda dissapointed with this version already.

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Did you take the timeto read the manual per chance?

Uh?

3. helper

helper Guest

Well, lets face it. This is a backup program for the masses. You really should not need a manual for the basic functions. I have been using TI for a long time and am comfortable with it. But when I tried to show it to a friend, they were totally lost when triying to show them what to backup and where to store it. The TI interface is very confusing and Ver 9 is a step backwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.