too complicated to bother

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bumpyneck, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumpyneck

bumpyneck Registered Member

Hello
    I would like to Clone my hard drive to an external drive that I have in a Caddy then could just fit this in my machine if my "C" drive breaks. I was going to purchase True Image but it all sounds to compicated. I think I will just trust to luck

Bumpyneck

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Well then, good luck.

3. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

TheWeaz's response is spot on....could be famous last words:eek:

ftwynne59

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Let us know when we can say, "See ... told ya". But seriously, it may sound complicated, but have you tried it. Like many things it takes longer to describe a procedure than it actually is to do it.

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Yeah.... I'm sure it will be just fine ;)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bumpyneck,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is able to perform this task. It is not so complicate as you might think. Acronis True Image has easy to use Graphical User Interface (GUI) that will guide you through all the steps of cloning your system to another hard drive. I would recommend that you find the step-by-step instructions on how to perform the clone procedure in Chapter 13. "Transferring the system to a new disk" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Also these previous threads by other Forum member who were successfully cloned their hard drives might be useful:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145974
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=124588

Also would like to note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.