Today's update UDEFID alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Rutix, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutix

Rutix Registered Member

Hello,

Since today i keep getting weird virus alerts. Like for example this:
    2-9-2010 14:28:10 Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Rutger\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a60k11fu.default\sessionstore.js UDEFID virus Fate\Rutger Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

2-9-2010 13:52:55 Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Rutger\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini UDEFID virus Fate\Rutger Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe.

I am almost pretty sure those are all false alerts since neither are virusses. How do i fix this :\?

2. Maus

Maus Registered Member

I found this forum and this thread by googling "UDEFID virus sessionstore.js" after getting exactly the same issue as Rutix. I was just typing a post on another forum when it happened.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    this should be fixed in the update 5418 that is about to be released momentarily.

4. Rutix

Rutix Registered Member

Great! I will wait for the update then :D

5. ACase67

ACase67 Registered Member

Marcos - We got the alert that this was blocked while logging into ebay. Should we be concerned that any of our account info was stolen?

Thanks

6. TravisO

TravisO Registered Member

ACASE, he just said it was a mistake and the newest update fixes it. If you're going to post in a forum, please read the messages first.

7. ACase67

ACase67 Registered Member

Travis - Marcos did not say that. I suppose that not discrediting it could be seen as confirmation, but having just gone through an ordeal with a hard to kill trojan I want to know for sure.

8. jvalyo

jvalyo Registered Member

I had the same issue also ( I think ) crashed about 3 of our servers and PC's froze up all over the company. As for travis i just registered because of your post i dont know where you read that Marcos said anything about ebay or maybe you just read and understand english better then all of us?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.