To Renew or Not to Renew?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by bikpela_man, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikpela_man

bikpela_man Registered Member

I had Prevx for a year and I only had a few (maybe two or three?) infections over that time. I don't remember what kinds of infections I had, but they weren't serious ones from what I remember.

It seems like anytime I ran the program, there were never any infections, etc. Maybe, I wasn't on the internet as much as others, and so I am not the kind of person that is at high risk for infections. I don't know.

So, I am wondering if I could do almost as well without Prevx. In other words, it has been hard for me to justify purchasing it again because the benefits don't seem to outweigh the expense. What say you, I am wondering? Thanks for the help.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I lived without any resident security product for more than 6 years and were always clean when I did on demand scans every once in a while. It all comes down to your own Internet habits and the habits of those people around you. If you're not the only user of the computer; then definitely consider renewing your license. I have never had an infection in my entire life (with aprox 11 years having my own computer connected 24/7 to Internet). I am the only user of my own computer, but I use Prevx anyway because I like the feeling of being 'safe'. Perhaps you like the same feeling? I'd extend the license. :)

3. bikpela_man

bikpela_man Registered Member

Thanks four your input. I know what you mean about "feeling safe." That is why many of us have life insurance, health insurance, etc. as well, I think. At some point, though, statistics - like the absence or paucity of infections, for example - can show us something too I think. But like you said, it depends on the user and his or her habits too.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I wouldn't say it better :thumb:
    I was having the same perplexity in the past as I also never got an infection. However I retained Prevx full because you never know ... and I like to be on the safe side. Moreover Prevx is the only one vendor who guarantee the malware cleanup if you get infected (see http://www.prevx.com/freescan.asp).
    Though, if you opt to be not renewing your license, I would suggest you to install SafeOnline facebook http://www.prevx.com/safebook.asp and profit from the full SafeOnline function. If you catch a malware you can always buy only the cleanup license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.