Tmax Window 9 OS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I wonder, what do you think about this OS? Would you use it, talking about security and trust? Introduction - Tmax Window Uncovered - Youtube videos 1-7
    From what I got, it is Linux based OS 100% compatibile with Win aplications, it can run IE8, gets Acid 3 score 99, have no problem with hardware and ect. Fake?

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The 100% compatibility with Windows apps. thing seems highly unlikely.Ive not heard of this one before but a similar project,Reactos has been in development for a long time with quite limited compatibility.You might as well just run a Windows VM in Linux IMO.

3. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Is Tmax Windows 9 OS a modificatory OS?It can support linux apps and windows apps?Is it valid?I remember windows apps can use wine or VM to execute in Linux only.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Well,

It could be a unix based OS with Win32 compatibility, which is available at unix for free (wine) or paid (like cross over for linux)

Cheers

5. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Reminds me of the Linux Unified Kernel discussion I read over at Ubuntuforums not long ago. Nothing much came of it if I recall correctly. But it does sound interesting.

Later...

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Possibly an inversed skimming the market approach, at which you provide a basic layer (the OS) against very competiting prices, when OS picks up market share you add value by offering subsequent desktop applications (the MicroSoft way).

To me it seems like over eating yourself. Better to focus on the OS, Graphic and API compatability first.

Also their release date sucks. Why not introduce it one day before the Windows7 introduction. You can use all the media attention of this subject caused by MicroSoft and with minimal 'guerilla' marketing (show boot up process of two simular PC's with different OS-ses on some interrelated web sites with different themes why it is better than Windows7) and well chosen 'burst' campaigns (radio + billboards at entries/high way exits of media office area's, referring to outperformance of their OS versus Windows7) you will get free media (newspapers/magazines and TV) publicity.

Regards

Regards

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  8. _khAttAm_

_khAttAm_ Registered Member

I too they shud have focused on better API compatibility than Office and other softwares.

And about 100% compatibility, I have to say one thing.. is any single M$ OS 100% compatible with all the Windows software.. So, I highly doubt this.

And does anyone have any idea about what M$ might be thinking about this? I think M$ will file a case against their name to start (Lindows was changed to Lispire coz M$ filed a case against it, right?). And copyrights? Patents? Any experts?

And about the release date, they should have released way before 7 to get a nice competition.

And any references saying it is based on Linux? or any existing system? or have they build it from scratch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.