Tips Needed - Drive Copy Then Partition New Drive

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by srhfish3, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srhfish3

srhfish3 Registered Member

I am upgrading PC to replace primary 80 GB HD with 250 GB one. Win XP Using Norton Ghost 9.0 Drive Copy. Once I move the 250 GB into primary position, I want to use PartitionMagic to separate Copied Image from Content. Any tips on doing this? Thx.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I do this sort of stuff all the time, but I do not understand this sentence. Could you please clarify it? Specifically the last part (Copied Image from Content).

It sounds to me like you want 2 partitions on the 250 gig drive, one with the contents of the 80 gig (C: Drive), and the second partition (170 gig) for maybe a D: drive, or another OS.

How many RPM is the 80 gig drive? If it is a 7200 RPM drive, why not just keep the OS on it, and move your applications and data over to the 250?

3. srhfish3

srhfish3 Registered Member

That's correct..I want 2 partitions on the 250 gig drive, one with the contents of the 80 gig (C: Drive), and the second partition (170 gig) for maybe a D: drive, or another OS. THe 80 GB is failing and needs to go, otherwise I'd use it for OS as you indicated. Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.