Tips Needed - Drive Copy Then Partition New Drive

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by srhfish3, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srhfish3

srhfish3 Registered Member

I am upgrading PC to replace primary 80 GB HD with 250 GB one. Win XP Using Norton Ghost 9.0 Drive Copy. Once I move the 250 GB into primary position, I want to use PartitionMagic to separate Copied Image from Content. Any tips on doing this? Thx.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I do this sort of stuff all the time, but I do not understand this sentence. Could you please clarify it? Specifically the last part (Copied Image from Content).

It sounds to me like you want 2 partitions on the 250 gig drive, one with the contents of the 80 gig (C: Drive), and the second partition (170 gig) for maybe a D: drive, or another OS.

How many RPM is the 80 gig drive? If it is a 7200 RPM drive, why not just keep the OS on it, and move your applications and data over to the 250?

3. srhfish3

srhfish3 Registered Member

That's correct..I want 2 partitions on the 250 gig drive, one with the contents of the 80 gig (C: Drive), and the second partition (170 gig) for maybe a D: drive, or another OS. THe 80 GB is failing and needs to go, otherwise I'd use it for OS as you indicated. Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.