Tiny Personal Firewall 6 help.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by LiD, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiD

LiD Registered Member

Hello.
    I have recently migrated from Outpost to Tiny and I find it very thorough in it's working and implementing rules.
    I do have a question though. A problem even.
    I run Tiny on my Windows server 2003 as the main firewall and have a lan consisting of three other computers with Slackware on them.
    I wanted to be able to provide internet access to those Linux b0xes in my LAN. So

1. I enabled ICS on my dialup account.

2. Read the docs and followed the procedure of how to allow ICS communication.
    Here the problem arises. I dont have these three options. I just have "Monitor" and "Dont monitor" as shown in the pic: Pic1

I do have them on "Monitor." Both the fields.

Also, I'd like to post (a)some screenshot(s) to my other configuration that could possibly be the culprit to this situation. Pic2

Could I be missing something here? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Velnias

Velnias Registered Member

Hi LiD,
    I'm newbie too, but: you have TF6, and manual is from ver. 5.5 (and there is a little difference between them - not only design). Still waiting new one...

Good look

3. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I don't use ICS so my 2 cents may be useless...
    But you could try to put your ethernet adapter in the Interfaces connected to home or local networks catagory and make sure that the same interface is in your trusted zone in the Zone Settings area.

You might get better advice by posting this question in the Tiny forum.
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/forum/?
    There's some smart people over there when it comes to TPF. Good luck.

4. JJJ

JJJ Guest

Found this on a site that Tiny is available for download...

NOTE: Tiny Personal Firewall will not function properly if it is installed on a computer using WinRoute or Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.