Tiny Personal Firewall 6.0.90

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Tiny Personal Firewall represents smart, easy-to-use personal security technology that fully protects personal computers against hackers. It is built on the proven WinRoute Pro, ICSA certified security technology. Tiny Personal Firewall offers the ultimate protection for your windows desktop and server, with the ability to stop malicious network activity, hackers, spyware and viruses dead.

Changelog:
    *Changed the rules sorting algorithm - Users are taken into account. Specific user always precedes All users.
    *Changed invalid reference consideration - when user deletes the reference from the database the rule including such reference will be ignored. Example: Rule includes reference to IP object LAN. LAN will get deleted from predefined objects. Then the rule will get ignored.
    *Changed columns content in the reporting templates.
    Download: TPF 6.0.90
    View: TinySoftware

2. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I'm using Outpost Firewall. Is Tiny better than Outpost ?

Best Regards,

DonKid.

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi DonKid

I don't think it is a matter of which one is better, but what features they have to offer. If you follow hayc59's link to the Tiny site they list these. The biggest difference is that in addition to firewall and IDS, Tiny has what it refers to as Windows Security which is sandboxing (protection) for your OS and applications.

As you are using Outpost, you will be familiar with it's features.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Thanks for your help...As I'm a newbie, I'm still confused, but I'll check it out.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

5. f123

f123 Guest

Outpost 2.1 Pro has ad blocking.

6. I for myself would go for Kerio instead of Tiny. Kerio is free and far more easy to use than tiny. And Kerio "was" tiny before, the teams just split.

I use Outpost now and I'm really happy with it. Really easy to use, available in many languages, powerful, pretty, and with many useful plugins in it.

So if I would recommand a firewall, I would recommand Outpost...

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Blackwidow, I use Outpost too but I was very curious bout the new Tiny too.

seems like it really can stop spyware from even installing now. out of the box but them hard to learn. but once you got it....

damn man, do you have the two??

sorry couldn't let this one slip :D

(good choice you made by OP)

8. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I'm still using Outpost...Anybody knows if is there a Brazilian version ?

Best Regards,

DonKid.

9. The two? :)

I used tiny before, when tiny was no more free I tried the trial version, I hated it, then I used Kerio (free too).

Now I use outpost.

Against spyware, your best bet would be to use "spybot search and destroy", a very good software, and free too. It is a resident, and a scanner too, who can destroy spywares...

10. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Even with Tiny I still use Spybot, Spyware blaster, & other progs like that. Tiny works better when it comes to preventing things like keyloggers, Remote access trojans, & trojans in general. Even if something like this was to get on your system Tiny will prevent it from functioning. When it comes to little tracking cookies, I think that kind of stuff is best left to Spybot & the equivalent.

11. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I think it is the only way we can go to protect ourselves from script kiddies.

my thoughts exactly. and for a blocker I use Spyblocker. worked great with tiny and now with Outpost.

still, if you know a lot of creating rules and stuff, Tiny is a super terrific firewall. I hope they finish soon the sandbox module as a stand alone app.
    They are working on it. this will rock my pc I think.

12. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

By coincidence i just installed Tiny (and uninstalled it 5 minutes later). I am sure it is far more secure than any other personal firewall around,but boy,easy to useo_O It was full of modules each with plenty of options ,and 4 i think processes running in the taskmanager.For a network administrator i m sure it ll be wonderful ,but for an average home user never!
    I ll stick to Kerio 2.1.5 that i try in these days.THAT is reasonable easy ,although not for newbies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.