Timestamping packets

Discussion in 'Colasoft Free Network Tools' started by allanon85, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allanon85

allanon85 Registered Member

Hi, I would like to ask how I can time stamp each individual packet that I create with the packet builder as I need to perform some latency testing on my own firewall.

Additionally, in the manual creation of an IP packet, how do I go about setting the Fragment flags, I could not find any documentation on that.

More specifically, I'm trying to create 4 fragments that supposedly comes from the same IP address to the same destination. Not sure how that works.

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

The timestamp cannot be modified manually, it is generated by system automatically. If you need some special timestamp, please play such packets at detailed time manually.
    For the second question, you can modify it in the Decode Editor. You just need to set such relevant datas under IP --> Fragment Flags.
    Hope the methods above will be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  3. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi, I missed the method yesterday. For the first question, it can be solved by change the Delta Time in Decode Editor --> Packet Info.
    You can adjust the timestamp via set the Delta Time. The greater value you set, the later packets will be send.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.